StreetFerret

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/06/2021 5:02 pm  #1

Is there a way to remove a Run?

So I realized today that I forgot to stop my run in Strava from yesterday.  StreetFarret is showing 13 miles of streets traveled but it should have only been .4 miles.  I've corrected the activity in Strava but StreetFarret is still showing the full 13 miles of streets.  I clicked the button to reload from Strava and then waiting several hours but it still seems to be there.  Is there a way to delete that run and have it import again?  I would rather rewalk that .4 miles rather than show 13 incorrect miles that I drove in the car.
Thanks, Jamie

4/06/2021 6:07 pm  #2

Re: Is there a way to remove a Run?

Assuming that you're the most recent Jamie to log in, I've reset your history which should recalculate your progress.  This function is still somewhat experimental so I'm not 100% sure that it works properly, so I'd appreciate your feedback!

4/06/2021 7:43 pm  #3

It didn't work.  I was going to rename the problem walk to "delete me" so you could maybe see which one.  I realized I had to rename on Strava. Now in StreetFerret it's showing as processing again.  Perhaps that will do the trick?  I'll let you know if it changes. 
By the way, where are you guys located?

4/06/2021 7:48 pm  #4

Nope.  It now shows as processed but the map still shows the two cities and the 13 miles of street.  Any other ideas? 
By the way, I get really excited to walk because of your website.  I've been looking for this service for 13 years.  I'm so glad you guys did this.

4/07/2021 8:40 pm  #5

I'm glad you think it took more than one person to put this together https://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/happy.png

It would be great if you could point to a specific street which should show up as not run so that I have something to test against.

What is the status of the problem activity in Strava?

4/07/2021 9:09 pm  #6

Strava shows it correctly.  What do you mean point to a street? Are you able to see the activity name?  I named it Reload Walk. Do you ID the activity data?  Or do you import Strava's activity primary key or something. It originally loaded as at 13 mile walk but in Strava you can crop a walk and so I fixed it and now it only shows as .4 miles.  I can get you the name of the streets but there are a few of them.  All of the streets in the city Andover,I didn't walk and would like to see go away.  Let me know what you need.  Thanks!

4/07/2021 9:26 pm  #7

I read in Strava that you can change the type of activity to workout if it was an error.  So I did that.  Now in StreetFerret is says "activity type not supported".  But the map still shows the streets I drove in the car.  I might try to delete it next but perhaps I'll wait for you to post a reply in case you want to use this as an opportunity to adjust something. 

4/07/2021 10:54 pm  #8

The issue is that there's no code in place to un-complete a street or part of a street once the system detects that it's been run.  I do this intentionally for performance reasons.  This causes a problem when a street is accidentally run, as I basically have to reset progress and re-process everything (or at least, that area).

I've got some code to reset a user's completion progress, but the request only comes up rarely, so I haven't had much opportunity to test it against live data.  It sounds like the activity data is "fixed" on the Strava side, and the way I can tell it works is if I can get your completion data in Andover to get reset.  This will give me an opportunity to go through that code and see what's missing.

4/07/2021 11:06 pm  #9

Famous last words, but... it seems to have worked this time.

4/08/2021 7:27 am  #10

It worked!! You are amazing! I'll try never to do that again. 

Board footera