StreetFerret

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/02/2021 5:17 am  #1

Remove walks

I have sometimes logged walks/hikes in Strava, but now when I use StreetFerret I realize that's not a good idea, I want to run  all streets, not walk them. So I have deleted some activities in Strava, but they still appear in StreetFerret. Is there a way to remove them, or make a re-load from Strava to get rid of them?

1/02/2021 9:56 am  #2

Re: Remove walks

Interesting - that's the first time someone has requested this.  I had to reset your progress manually, and now it is reloading.  Let me know whether or not that does the job.  Might take a bit for the activities to load back up.

1/02/2021 10:23 am  #3

OK,  thanks, I see it's loading now, but slowly... I'll see what it looks like in a few hours. 

1/02/2021 4:22 pm  #4

Yes, it seems good! But now I only removed walks from one city to test it. I’ll have to do the same for a number of other cities, I’ll let you know when that is done.
Actually for my home town, this is not an issue, all streets I have walked, I have also run. But some other cities where we have visited, I realize I don’t want ”walked” streets listed here

1/26/2021 10:19 am  #5

Hi again, I have now deleted all my walks from Strava for many more cities. Could you please do this again for me?
"I had to reset your progress manually, and now it is reloading"

1/28/2021 10:40 pm  #6

The first time I did this, I edited the database directly which is a bit dangerous.  I'm working on creating an admin function to do this properly and once that's up and running I'll reset your account.

2/01/2021 8:48 pm  #7

Okay, I think I've got it working - are you seeing the result you expect?

2/02/2021 4:33 am  #8

Sorry, not working. i'm now looking at a walk in Berlin on Apr 28, 2013 09:29.

https://www.streetferret.com/sf/run?a=202726918

It's deleted from Strava, so when I click the Strava link I get "The requested activity could not be found". But when I choose View in the Ferret map I still see it:

https://www.streetferret.com/sf/allstreets?c=62422&a=202726918

(And others the same, this is just one example)

2/21/2021 11:12 am  #9

Hi Admin, have you had another look at this? I’d really like to get rid of my walks. Especially now that I’ve started ferretting in Stockholm, where I have several deleted walks. Or maybe you can just delete everything for me, and I can do a new reload from Strava?

Board footera