StreetFerret

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/11/2021 12:17 pm  #1

Missing city - Hillsboro, OR

Hey there. I appreciate your product, thanks for making (and maintaining it).

Hillsboro, OR, USA is missing.

I've confirmed that OpenStreet has it as Admin level 8.
openstreetmap.org/relation/186641#map=13/45.5320/-122.9513

I used the StreetFerret page for the city on the 10th and also used LiveFerret within the city on the 10th.

Thank you.

2/12/2021 4:46 am  #2

Re: Missing city - Hillsboro, OR

I can find Hillsboro in the Explore Cities, but it says:
Hillsboro, Oregon" (streets
)
With a " after the name. I see 830 cities in the list with such an ending. Can that be the issue?

2/12/2021 12:28 pm  #3

Not sure if you were asking me if that could be the issue. I have no idea.

The "streets" link you provided is interesting. It seems to show that StreetFerret knows about the city and streets but using the map link on that page never loads the map.
https://www.streetferret.com/sf/allstreets?c=186641

2/12/2021 4:53 pm  #4

No, I was really asking our Admin😊

2/13/2021 8:06 pm  #5

I've fixed the issue with the extra quotation mark.  That was purely a display issue which shouldn't have impacted any other functionality.  Because there are many cities worldwide with the same name, I am now loading in Wikipedia's article name for each city (where available) in order to differentiate between them.  Once this is complete, Stockholm, Sweden will show up as just "Stockholm" while the same city in Maine, USA will show up as "Stockholm, Maine".

The actual problem with Hillsboro is that it's on my "broken cities" list, which means that somebody has made an edit to the city boundary which has somehow broken the polygon.

The problem (until I fix it shortly) is in this location: https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/186641#map=17/45.48461/-122.89081

I'm going to make a small update to the site to show some kind of indicator when there's a problem like this for a city.  And then I'm going to fix that boundary in OpenStreetMap

2/15/2021 1:51 pm  #6

Thank you very much for the fix.
I can't even imagine all the back end stuff you do to make this service work, it's appreciated.

Board footera