StreetFerret

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/12/2021 4:03 pm  #1

"Please enable your GPS position feature" on iOS

I've been using LiveFerret on my iPhone (iOS 14.4), up until yesterday, when I got a popup asking me to enable GPS. 

I have location services turned on, and Safari is allowed to use my location. I also tested it in Chrome and got the same popup. 

I don't have the same issue with Google Maps in the mobile browser, or with Open Street Map (Open Street Map won't actually show me my location, but it recognizes that I've allowed it to access it). 

Any ideas?

Thanks so much!
Chia

2/12/2021 4:05 pm  #2

Re: "Please enable your GPS position feature" on iOS

Apologies for the multiple posts, but the spam filter says I need to have posted at least twice before I can include a screenshot. 

2/12/2021 4:06 pm  #3

2/13/2021 4:21 pm  #4

It's working again now; I'll update this thread if it gives me any more trouble!

2/13/2021 6:53 pm  #5

That popup is generated by StreetFerret, not your phone or browser.  Are you getting the popup on pages that shouldn't require GPS?

2/13/2021 7:35 pm  #6

I was only getting it on the LiveFerret page. 

2/13/2021 7:48 pm  #7

Well, that's correct at least   That warning pops up whenever the LiveFerret page can't access your location, since it can't work without it.

2/14/2021 5:48 pm  #8

It worked perfectly for the first part of my run today—then I crossed a city boundary (Cambridge, MA into Somerville, MA) and had the bright idea to reload the page so I could see the map for Somerville. I got the page loading icon over a gray page, tried reloading, then got the GPS position feature popup again. Closed out the browser, tried again, same result. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bw2v3nurjtwdrh1/IMG_3809.PNG?dl=0

For a workaround, I went back to the main StreetFerret page, went to My Data, My Cities, opened the map for Somerville and just compared it to my current location—it's a little bit fiddly, but it works. 

Board footera