StreetFerret

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/29/2020 11:32 am  #1

No matching cities / Town boundary doesn't exist in OpenStreetMap

I have one run that comes up with No matching cities - streetferret.com/sf/run?a=2122015342

When I check OpenStreetMaps it doesn't look like a town administrative boundary exists for Cape Elizabeth, ME.  I've been making minor updates to OpenStreetMaps in my home town, but I don't know how to add a boundary to create a new city.  Cape Elizabeth's town website does has a mapgeo database showing the town boundaries.  Is this something that's easy to fix?  capeelizabethme.mapgeo.io/datasets/properties?abuttersDistance=100&latlng=43.592011%2C-70.261647&panel=search&zoom=12

Also, when I find a restricted road and change it to Private on OpenStreetMaps, how long does it take until that change updates to StreetFerret and it no longer looks like an incomplete road?

5/30/2020 9:36 am  #2

Re: No matching cities / Town boundary doesn't exist in OpenStreetMap

Hi there,

So first off, I have Streetferret running on a 7-day update cycle.  So in theory it should update within a week as long as the server isn't too overloaded.

I was able to download the shapefile for Cape Elizabeth, ME and add it to OpenStreetMap.  You can see it on OSM now at: https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/11155161.

However, it takes a few days before my server is able to "see" the change for a brand new city.  So I can't import it right away but hopefully soon 🤞

6/01/2020 10:37 am  #3

Thank you for the quick response. I also want to say how much I like your website and enjoy finding new roads.  It's keeping me from getting bored and gives me a goal when I go out to run every day.

6/01/2020 4:02 pm  #4

Thanks for the feedback! https://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/cute.png
  Enjoy and be safe out there.

Board footera